Educational institutions are allowed to reopen from October 15 in phase manner under Unlock 5.0 guidelines. However, the final decision to open the institutions lies in the institutes’ management.
The decision to reopen educational institutions like schools and colleges has been taken in consultation with institutions’ management after analyzing the situation.
As far as colleges are concerned, permission has been given to the Ministry of Education to make a decision with respect to reopening colleges, higher educational institutions. Online learning is considered to be the best mode of teaching for both schools and colleges. Most parents are encouraging online classes for their kids.
Unlock 5.0 guidelines For Schools
Below are a set of Guidelines for reopening Schools in India
- After analyzing the situation, schools and institutions are given permission to reopen in a phased manner from October 15, 2020.
- Online teaching is to be an encouraged and preferred mode of learning and teaching
- Attendance is not made compulsory and not forced. Students can get parentals’ consent to attend school.
- If the students are interested in online classes and not physical classes, and schools are holding online classes, then the school must allow them to do so.
- Schools located within containment zones remain to be closed.
However, the final decision to reopen the schools and colleges has been given to the respective states and institutions involved.
Cinemas allowed with 50% Seating
The Union Govt has given a nod to cinema halls, exhibition halls, multiplexes, and entertainment parks. However, these will be opened with certain restrictions.
Since lockdown was announced, all institutions, colleges, cinema halls, multiplexers were shut. The union Govt on Wednesday gave permission to reopen cinema halls, entertainment parks, and more with a set of guidelines.
The movie malls must function with a capacity of 50% seating capacity, for which guidelines will be issued. The Government said that Lockdown would be extended till October 31 in containment zones.