YSR Bheema: All India statistics suggest that Andhra Pradesh is one of the states with a huge number of accidents. Therefore, the disability or death of an unorganized worker causes his family to lose bread and butter earned, thereby his/her family faces financial issues. To prevent losses due to accidents, the Andhra Pradesh Govt has come up with a novel scheme known as YSR Bima.
The purpose of this scheme is to provide insurance to the families of unorganized workers in case of death or disability due to accidents. Moreover, the natural death of an unorganized worker may cause his family / her family hardships that are in need of some financial relief. Andhra Pradesh Govt has already placed in the social security scheme to the truck drivers in the unorganized sector on a trial basis. On the basis of trail experience of this scheme, Andhra Pradesh Govt has decided to extend this social security scheme to all unorganized workers in the state with a few modifications.
Previous Govts Bheema scheme Chandranna Bheema Scheme was replaced with a new scheme known as YSR Bhima Scheme.
YSR Bheema Apply Online 2020
Significant Features of this Scheme:
- Under the Unorganized Workers Social Security Act, 2008, all unorganized workers will be registered as beneficiaries under this scheme.
- The registration of unorganized workers, their enrollment in the YSR Bima scheme, management of the database, data entry, and hard copies of signed applications shall be managed by SERP.
- Unorganized workers will be registered as members under the State Accident death and disability scheme and under the union Govts’ scheme, Aam Admi Bima Yojana(AABY), and will also be covered under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana(PMSBY).
Benefits of YSR Scheme:
- Rs. 2,25,000/- two lakh twenty-five thousand from State Accident Death and Disability scheme, Rs. 75,000/- seventy-five thousand under union Govt’ scheme Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) and 2,00,000/- from Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana(PMSBY).
- Rs. 30,000/- for Natural death under Aam Admi Bima Yojana(AABY).
- Rs 1200/- per annum towards scholarship per child up to two children of the beneficiary studying SSC or 10th, intermediate, or ITI.
- Upto Rs. 3,62,500/- for partial disability, up to Rs.2,25,000/- from state Accident Death and Disability Scheme, Rs 1,00,000 from PMSBY and 37,500 from AABY.
YSR Bheema toll-free number:
To know the status of your Bheema application, visit the official website http://www.bima.ap.gov.in where you find the reports district wise.
Select your district and click on the YSR Bheema claim status and include a few more details.
District-wise call center numbers are available and the toll-free number of YSR Bima is 155214.
Who are eligible to apply for this scheme:
People in the age group of 18 to 70 years are eligible to be registered as unorganized workers and register as beneficiaries of the YSR Bima Scheme.
How to apply for YSR Bheema Scheme:
You can apply for YSR Bheema Scheme by visiting the official website www.bima.ap.gov.in.